In this post, we’ll be looking at some of the best industrial pressure washer reviews for your outdoor power washing needs, so that you can make an informed decision on which professional equipment is the perfect fit for you.
Because there are so many brands, types and specifications available, it’s not easy to decide which one suits your requirements ideally.
That’s why we’ve scoured the web and chosen 3 of the most popular pressure washers available today, giving you a quick bird’s eye view of each machine and an actual user account of his or her experience using these gadgets.
Top 3 Best Industrial Pressure Washer Reviews
1. Generac 6565 4,200 PSI 4.0 GPM 420cc OHV Gas Powered Commercial Pressure Washer
At a glance
- Pro-Grade Triplex Pump – Up to 4X longer life than axial cam pumps
- Powerful 420cc Generac OHV Engine – Delivers maximum cleaning performance and reliability
- Low-Oil Shutdown Sensor – Safeguards the engine
- Five Quick Click Nozzle Tips Included – 0 degree, 15 degree, 25 degree, 40 degree and soap
- Oversized Pneumatic Tires – Maximum mobility and shock absorption
Actual User Experience
“I’ve only had the Generac 6565 Pressure Washer for a couple of weeks, but have been very pleased with it so far. It is easy to start, and runs well.
The washer usually takes about a minute for the pump to fill with water, but after that, never lacks pressure. It easily cleans my concrete driveway and brick walls, and had no problem soaping and rinsing 2nd story windows.
I also bought a 15” Surface Cleaner, and it almost took flight when I neglected to turn the PSI down. I also like the nozzle tips/attachments.
The only other pressure washers that I have ever used had a single adjustable nozzle (where you control the angle of the water spray by turning the tip of the nozzle). The nozzle tips that are used with this unit just work better in my opinion.
The Generac 6565 arrived at my home well packaged, and the minor assembly required after “unwrapping” was easily accomplished. Simply put, I would highly recommend this unit.
I attached a pic to show the difference in the unwashed top part of my driveway compared to the washed bottom area.”
– Best industrial pressure washer reviews contributor: Brian Copenhaver
2. SIMPSON Cleaning ALH4240 Aluminum 4.0 GPM Gas Pressure Washer with Honda GX390 OHV Engine, 4200 PSI
At a glance
- HONDA GX390 OHV commercial series engine with Oil Alert
- CAT Industrial Triplex Plunger Pump for dependable performance
- 50′ x 3/8″ high pressure steel-braided hose is non-marring, kink and abrasion resistant, and equipped with Quick Connectors
- Aircraft grade aluminum platform with brushed extruded aluminum tubing and 13″pneumatic tires
- Pro-style spray wand with 5 quick connect nozzle tips – 0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, and soap applicator nozzle
- Dial-N-Wash spray gun to adjust pressure from 1000 PSI to MAX PSI with a simple twist – Safety lock-out to prevent gun from being accidentally activated
- Convenient on-board accessory storage for spray gun/wand, high pressure hose, and nozzles
- Downstream detergent injection system
Actual User Experience
“This is my first pressure washer and I wanted to get a good one. Sure, I could save some coin buying a lesser unit, but I didn’t want to spend all weekend cleaning my driveway and patio. I’m glad I got the big one.
After adding the included oil and filling the tank with fresh gasoline, I fed the pump some hose water and pulled the recoil starter. It fired right up, as a Honda should! I started off with the rotary head (rated for 4.0 GPM) and it immediately began to clear the scum from my driveway. The engine is well muffled for such a large displacement, by the way. The 50 foot hose is adequate for most residential needs, but adding a 100 footer to the accessories pile would help for cleaning off rockeries and brickwork around the backyard. This is the Evergreen State after all and moss is EVERYWHERE! Moss has met it’s match with this unit, but I digress..
The 4500 PSI rated hose is of a 3/8″ size, and it’s burly but not too unwieldy; there is a price for power. I found the hose needs a bit of attention to deliberately lay out according to your intended cleaning path because loops and twists are not easily handled without setting down the wand, walking back to the problem and uncoiling it manually. Again, it’s par for the course here.
The big Honda 390 pushes 4 gallons per minute with serious authority; it’s easy to get cavalier with the wand but care must be used when getting close to wood as it will tear it up in no time flat, especially with a turbo head. Reducing the pressure and flow with the regulator on the wand proved invaluable around delicate structures and planter areas; I can’t imagine using this machine without it.
I really love the aluminum base and frame. It’s nice to know that it will never rust and weight has been kept to a minimum. As for the CAT pump, what’s not to like? Industrial duty and rebuildable, it’s the best money can buy. And when it comes to pressure washers, it’s really all about the pump.
I can also say that if your plans for a pressure washer consist primarily of auto or boat washing, this unit is overkill extreme. Therefore, you’d probably find an electric Karcher or similar machine a better match. If you value your time as much as your money and want to spend more of it enjoying your property then cleaning it, this is the one to get!”
– Best industrial pressure washer reviews contributor: Sam Vert
3. AR Blue Clean AR390SS 2000 psi Electric Pressure Washer with Spray Gun
At a glance
- OUTDOOR CLEANING POWER: Easy and quick for decks, patios, siding, driveways, outdoor furniture, cars, trucks, RVs, ATVs and more.
- HIGHLY RATED: Top rated Consumer Report 2016 electric pressure washer tests. Motor Type : Universal 20V 60Hz
- ATTACHMENTS INCLUDED: Professional-style pressure washer gun, pressure washer wand, 30 foot high pressure hose, 48 oz. detergent tank and 4 different Quick Connect pressure washer nozzles.
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY: Conserves water by using 80% less water with 45% more power than a standard garden hose. Quieter than gas engine models.
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE: Pull it out of the box. Connect the high pressure hose to the gun and garden hose to the water inlet. Plug the GFCI. Pull the trigger to start cleaning.
Actual User Experience
“My first project for this new pressure washer was to clean my cement patio of mildew and algae. I used the turbo nozzle but did not use the soap dispenser.
I mixed up a solution of Krud Cutter and bleach and brushed it on the cement before washing. Never use bleach in your washer. The progress was slow but thorough.
The project took me about five hours total over three days. The AR390SS worked flawlessly, hence I could not ask for more from this very nice unit.
Yes, the hose is a little stiff and has a tendency to tip the unit over if you try to pull it off the reel while in use. If you just pull as much hose as you need from the reel before starting, it is not an issue at all. Furthermore, it’s really nice to have 30′ of hose too.
My old unit only had 20′ of hose and I was always wishing it has just a little more, and this unit solves that issue. The AR390SS unit appears to be of very high quality and well put together.
I did a lot of online research before purchasing the AR390SS and I am happy to state that I am confident I have chosen the right one.
You will also like the steel lance which uses standard nozzles with a quick disconnect.“
– Best industrial pressure washer reviews contributor: George Johnson
Summary of the Best Industrial Pressure Washer Reviews
So those are the 3 best industrial pressure washer we’ve picked out. If budget is not an issue, and you really wanna get something that can last long and get the job done, then the Generac 6565 or SIMPSON ALH4240 will go a long way for you.
If you wanna get to work with something more pocket friendly, then consider the AR Blue Clean AR390SS instead.
Hope this helps!